The Student Voice of Holy Innocents' Episcopal School

Crimson & Gold

Enneagram: Discover the Real You

Sarah Kallis, Staff Writer

Enneagram is the study of  nine personality types and how they interact with each other. This study not only helps us learn more about ourselves, but also how to understand other people in a better and different light. Nan Henson, the Enneagram Specialist at Atlanta Center for Positive Change, gave us some insight on the Nine types: “It is important to remember we have all 9 Types within us. One is our ‘home base’,” she says. Click here to take a short test to determine which personality type you are, and then read about your type. At the end of the quiz, you will see how many questions you answered for each type. Your personality type will most likely be the one with the highest number, but can be in your top three. Click Here to Discover Your Type

The Enneagram Map shows how the types relate to each other

Karen Kallis

The symbols beside each personality summarize the type

Karen Kallis

Type One- The Reformer

Ones are realistic and ethical. They continuously strive  to improve, but often are afraid of making a mistake, and thus can become perfectionists. They struggle with impatience and resentment, but are very organized. Some of their key qualities include wisdom, discernment and the ability to see exactly what is needed in the moment and to act accordingly. Ones tend to be principled and purposeful. Their gifts include reason, integrity, and sensibility, but their fixation is judging. Serenity can cure the judgment and resentment in Ones.

Type Two- The Helper

Twos are caring, empathetic, and sincere. Even though they are friendly and generous, they tend to be sentimental and flattering. They want to be needed by others, but can have problems with possessiveness. Twos tend to neglect their own needs. Gifts of Twos include compassion, emotional awareness, and thoughtfulness. They can be prideful, and often think relationally out of habit. Humility is a virtue for Twos. When they are at their best, Twos are selfless, unconditionally loving, generous, and demonstrative.

Type Three- The Achiever

Threes are the adaptable and charming type. They are highly driven, ambitious, and energetic, but have problems with being competitive. Threes are extremely poised, but can also be vain and deceptive out of habit. They appreciate authenticity, and their gift is seeing value in everyone. At their best, Threes are authentic role models.

Type Four- The Individualist

Fours are the sensitive, reserved, and emotionally honest. Even though they are creative and personal, they can be moody and self-conscious. They are sensitive, unique, gentle, authentic, and honest with themselves, but they can be envious. Fours can experience the depths of emotions without being swept away by them, and fantasize often. A calm mind will bring Fours back to themselves when they are angry. At their best, Fours are very creative.

Type Five- The Investigator

Fives are curious, innovative, perceptive, wise, and open minded . They thrive in innovative environments, but can often become intense and high-strung. Fives are sometimes absorbed in their own thoughts, making them isolated, and struggle with greed. They have a great memory, and are most relaxed when they are not attached to anything. When they are at their best, they are able to see the world in a different way, and are pioneers.

It is important to remember we have all 9 Types within us”

— Nan Henson

Type Six- The Loyalist

Sixes are committed, hardworking, and responsible. They can easily be spontaneous, and are engaging, steadfast, and prepared. Despite being trustworthy, they can be anxious and evasive. Sixes struggle with angst and anxiety. They subconsciously doubt and worry. Courage brings Sixes back to themselves.

Type Seven- The Enthusiast

Sevens are the joyful, spontaneous type. They are always grateful for the gift of life, and are versatile. Some of their gifts include being enthusiastic, adventurous, cheerful, and free-spirited. Sevens can become greedy, and are always planning. They appreciate when people are punctual.

Type Eight- The Challenger

Eights are strong, capable, and solid. They are very confident, decisive, direct, resourceful, and self-reliant. Eights struggle with lust for intensity, and objectify people out of habit. They appreciate innocence and vulnerability, but sometimes have trouble expressing their own.

Type Nine- The Mediator

Nines possess strong unity and wholeness. They are reassuring, peaceful, and balanced, but struggle with laziness and often dismiss problems. Nines make a habit out of thinking deeply, and appreciate engagement. They are always supportive, but can sometimes go with the flow too much in order to keep peace. Nines want to avoid conflict.

• Enneagram: Discover the Real You

Movies

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials

• Enneagram: Discover the Real You

Humans of HI

Summer Travel and Global Immersion

• Enneagram: Discover the Real You

Review

TED Talk Review: Why We Have Too Few Women Leaders

• Enneagram: Discover the Real You

Humans of HI

Eli Best: The Piano Playing Prodigy

• Enneagram: Discover the Real You

Review

Exit Through the Gift Shop

• Enneagram: Discover the Real You

Review

“Ascot” Takes Home Best Picture

• Enneagram: Discover the Real You

Review

“Unfriended” Review

• Enneagram: Discover the Real You

Showcase

A Voice for Those Who Cannot Speak

• Enneagram: Discover the Real You

Health

Get Active

• Enneagram: Discover the Real You

Opinion

On the Issues

Enneagram: Discover the Real You