The Student Voice of Holy Innocents' Episcopal School

Crimson & Gold

The Next Potential Instagram?

New social media platform 'Trio' makes its mark amongst young adults

Social media has grown into a huge, unavoidable presence in modern day culture, particularly over the past decade, as young adults continue to seek the means to properly exploit their creativity and humor for the world to see. Hundreds of start up social media platforms have attempted to gain ground in popular culture – few succeed. A globalizing, curious consumer base makes for excessive demand, so many entrepreneurs attempt to take advantage of this craving for social media. What makes the Instagrams and Facebooks of the world stand out to a growing audience?

In order to capture the interest of social media’s consumer base, the product has to offer something fresh that other platforms do not offer themselves. The perfect combination of creativity and humor has recently sparked a movement in new social media app Trio, officially launched on March 4th.

By making derivative content out of other people’s media teens can focus more on their humor, creativity, and commentary. ”

— Misha Leybovich

With Trio, the potential next Instagram, you are able to make creative or comical videos out of other people’s content. Users can easily remix Vines, GIFs, Instagrams and more from other friends or celebrities, placing the popular media world at your fingertips. This brand new take on social media plays on the best features of many popular social media platforms, creating a hybrid and opening a world of imaginative possibilities.

“Social media currently requires that you’re always doing awesome things, or have to pretend like you are,” points out Misha Leybovich, Trio CEO. “This is exhausting!  By making derivative content out of other people’s media, teens can focus more on their humor, creativity, and commentary.  Both ways enable the social validation we all crave, but our way is accessible to many more people much more often.”

The team behind this innovative new app includes a wide, interesting range of people, including an MIT rocket scientist, professional boy band member, Berkeley student body president, undercover gang documentarian, and Guinness Book of World Records finalist.

Let your imagination run wild on this “creative playground” that is Trio, available now in the App Store. See an example here to learn more.

• The Next Potential Instagram?

Movies

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials

• The Next Potential Instagram?

Humans of HI

Summer Travel and Global Immersion

• The Next Potential Instagram?

Review

TED Talk Review: Why We Have Too Few Women Leaders

• The Next Potential Instagram?

Humans of HI

Eli Best: The Piano Playing Prodigy

• The Next Potential Instagram?

Review

Exit Through the Gift Shop

• The Next Potential Instagram?

Review

“Ascot” Takes Home Best Picture

• The Next Potential Instagram?

Review

“Unfriended” Review

• The Next Potential Instagram?

Showcase

A Voice for Those Who Cannot Speak

• The Next Potential Instagram?

Health

Get Active

• The Next Potential Instagram?

Opinion

On the Issues

The Next Potential Instagram?